Thursday, October 14, 2010

The (Fictional) NaNoWriMo Prep School

    Last year I heard of the well-know, National writing event, NaNoWriMo or National Novel Writing Month. The goal is to write a first draft of a novel in 30 days (or less!). The "winning prize" is the satisfaction of your finished work of fiction (or non-fiction if that's your thing). Unfortunately, it was January last year when I discovered this incredible event. Luckily (somehow) I remembered the event not too far off before its start date this year. I've been trying to get in the habit of writing every day for some time now and it just always seems that something gets in my way. Originally, I was going to try a 30 day blog challenge to jumpstart my writing habits but with NaNoWriMo right around the corner, I'm excited for a National Event to inspire me to finally get on my butt and write, write, write or should I say type, type, type?! I imagine NaNoWriMo must share the premise that it takes 30 days to form a habit and therefore, I’m aiming to kick-off off my newest blog with a "NaNoWriMo Prep School"  to jumpstart my writing routine, gain followers and network. In the days leading up to NaNoWriMo I'm going to take some of the writing prompts based on a modified version of the 30-Day Blog Challenge. Eventually, I'd like to try the Traditional 30-Day Blog Challenge but with a Novel to write, I'll take what I can get right now! I created this blog about 4 days ago now and I’ve realized it’s not going to get written if I don’t write it (shocking, I know!) so I figure what better way to get into the habit of writing EVERY day than to use a little fun competition?

          Please join me in any of the prompts or participate in NaNoWriMo challenge or cheer me on as I write.

          Ready…set….write!!

The (Fictional) NaNoWriMo Prep School
Class 101: Introduction, 15 Minutes of General Fiction Writing


Class 103: Write something inspired by your blog name
Class 102: The meaning behind your blog name 

 Class 104: Write about first love

Class 105- Write on parents

Class 106- Write on siblings

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cathy,

    I love the blog design and I'm following you to see how you do. I'm trying it as well.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete